Are you a young, progressive, Jewish adult looking for spiritual connection?
ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal is pleased to offer the Kesher Fellowship, a program of transformational learning and mentoring for young adults between the ages of 22-40. The Kesher Fellowship seeks to empower and train the next generation of ALEPH participants, teachers and leaders.
The fellowship consists of:
- Regular distance learning and inspiration opportunities with ALEPH faculty and teachers, on topics of specific importance to the Kesher cohort, such as text-based learning, ritual, and leadership development. Past learning sessions have included: History of ALEPH and Introduction to Reb Zalman with Rabbi Daniel Siegel; a Feminist Approach to Torah with Rabbi Phyllis Berman; Interfaith Work with Rabbi David Aladjem; Counting of the Omer with Rabbi David Seidenberg; Israel/Jerusalem and the Inner Life of Prayer with Rabbi Sami Barth.
-Chavruta partner for reflection, harvesting and peer learning
- Monthly mentoring, spiritual direction, and guidance from a teacher connected to ALEPH
- In-person gatherings designed to build learn, dance, pray & grow as a spiritual community
- A private listserv where we can share reflections and community
- A commitment to helping expand and grow ALEPH’s impact and influence with the next generation by staying connected through the ALEPH Kesher Alumni Network and other leadership opportunities
Ideal candidates for the Kesher Fellowship will meet some or all of the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership in jewish context
- Position of influence within org or volunteer network
- Work requiring collaboration with others
- Religious, cultural or other Jewish identity that informs self
- Demonstrated commitment to personal/spiritual growth
- Desire to be a part of group learning and intentional network
Please direct any questions about the Kesher Fellowship to Nora Chernov at email@example.com.
The Kesher Fellowship is made possible thanks to a grant from the Lasko Family Foundation. It is directed by Kohenet Keshira haLev Fife. Keshira welcomes your questions! Feel free to be in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keshira haLev Fife is a Kohenet (Hebrew Priestess), community shepherdess, shlichat tzibbur, life spiral ceremony officiant, ritual creatrix, liturgist, songstress, public speaker and writer. She is founder and Kohenet of Kesher Pittsburgh and serves Oreget Kehila (Executive Director) of the Kohenet Hebrew Priestess Institute. Her work in these realms and beyond is deeply informed by her lived experience as a JWoC (Jewish Woman of Colour) and the quandries she encounters as a scholar of the Orphan Wisdom School. After living in Sydney, Australia, for 13 years, she and her beloved recently returned to Pittsburgh, PA, where they nest when they're not on the road. www.keshirahalev.com