Sunday July 2, 2017 - Sunday July 9, 2017
at Stony Point Center
Stony Point, NY
- An amazing opportunity to spend an intensive, spiritually uplifting, intellectually stimulating week of learning with your fellow students in all the ALEPH ordination programs!
- Study with members of the Va’ad and special guest teachers; meet informally with your teachers and directors of study.
- Surround yourself with constant hevruta, in small classes and informal groups throughout the week.
- Tailor your learning to your academic plan, your energy, your interest.
- Soar with daily student-led davenning! Sign up to lead or co-lead, and to receive feedback on new approaches from ALEPH teachers.
NEW THIS YEAR
– beginners, intermediate, advanced –
immerse for two hours in text study, chevruta and individual tutorial Additionally! Hebrew will be spoken throughout the week at mealtimes and other moments of opportunity…practice what you know and increase your capacity
- Thoughtfully read all the information on the Smicha Week website.
- Complete the online registration:
- Questions regarding registration and payments should be directed to email@example.com
- Questions regarding program and lodging should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com.
- Cancellations received by May 26, 2017 can get a full refund (less $60 administration fee per person)
- Cancellations from May 27 to June 15 get a 50% refund.
- Cancellations will not be accepted after June 15, 2017. There will be no refunds or exchanges.
Stony Point, NY 10980
Driving to Smicha Week? We have set up a RIDE BOARD so that you can share rides to/from Stony Point. Click on the link to access the form online where you can offer or seek a ride to/from the retreat.
Smicha Week 5777 will come to life at Stony Point Center in the scenic Hudson River Valley, northwest of Manhattan in beautiful New York state - home to the Community of Living Traditions, a multifaith intentional community dedicated to the practice and study of hospitality, nonviolence and justice.
The campus is beautiful and accessible, and includes a Japanese Peace Garden, Labyrinth and working Farm, as well as a Fair-Trade Gift Shop, playing fields and a state of the art Art Space.
ON SITE LODGING OPTIONS:
OFF CAMPUS LODGING OPTIONS:
Note: commuters must provide own transportation
NEW** CAMPING OPTION FOR SMICHA WEEK
- Children’s program fee: $300 – includes supervision during class hours and evening study hall.
- Room & Board for children 4 – 12 yrs: $290 ~ 13 yrs and up: $580
- No fee for children under 4 years. If you will be bringing an infant with you, please indicate on the registration form. The Smicha Week children's program is for school age children (pre-school and up). If you need help finding a babysitter for your infant, please let us know in the comments section on the registration form.
Rabbi Leila Gal Berner
One unit in Tanakh or Kli Kodesh (elective)
Rabbi Shefa Gold
One unit in Kli Kodesh
Rabbis Shaya Isenberg and Victor Gross
One unit in Jewish Thought or Kli Kodesh
Rabbi Shohama Harris Wiener & Rabbi David Evan Markus
Rabbi Nadya Gross & Rabbi Shawn Zevit
Hazzan Jack Kessler
NEW THIS YEAR
Biblical Hebrew Intensive
Rabbi Steven Silvern & Rabbi Bob Freedman
Synagogue Customs and Practices:
The Theology and Sociology of Sacred Space
Rabbi Vivie Mayer and Rabbi Marcia Prager
One Unit in Rabbinic Texts or Kli Kodesh
HASIDISM AS SPIRITUAL PRACTICE
Rabbi Elliot Ginsburg
One unit in Hasidism and Kabbalah
Rabbinic Pastor Shulamit Fagan