ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal envisions a contemporary Judaism that is joyous, creative, spiritually rich, socially progressive, and earth-aware. This vision arises out of our search for a renewed personal connection to the God of our ancestors and the legacy of our tradition, in service of our higher dreams for the future of our world.
The mission of ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal is to fully embrace a contemporary egalitarian Judaism as a profound spiritual practice and social transformer, reaching beyond religious boundaries and institutional structures worldwide.
ALEPH brings spiritual vitality and passion into the daily lives of Jews through programs that empower leadership, build communities, and generate powerful experiences and practical resources.
ALEPH contributes to Jewish Renewal by supporting new creative efforts that draw upon the rich legacy of Jewish mystical/hasidic traditions and the deep wisdom of Jewish life and practice.
ALEPH inspires, motivates and engages communities and individuals to:
- new models for meaningful Jewish practices that elevate prayer, sacred chant, meditation, healing services, transformative ritual, music, movement, and the renewed study of traditional text.
- synagogue life with an infusion of new approaches to prayer, ritual and communal process.
- and renew kavanah (spiritual intention)
- cutting-edge programs that offer life-changing inspirational Jewish experiences.
- a global vision of egalitarian Judaism by creating new opportunities for leadership.
- the creativity of inspired and inspiring Jewish artists, musicians and spiritual teachers.
- with members of other faith traditions in joint projects that inspire trust and develop pathways for shared activism.
- ALEPH's programming and sustain its vision with personal and financial commitment.
- a deep connection between those on a variety of spiritual paths.