Operations Manager – part time
About ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal
ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal is a transdenominational movement that is committed to bringing spiritual vitality and passion into the daily lives of Jews through trainings, programs and events that empower leadership, build multiracial, multicultural communities, and generate powerful experiences. The ALEPH Ordination Program (AOP) is ALEPH’s largest program and one of the leading Jewish seminaries, training rabbis, cantors, rabbinic pastors and spiritual directors from diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and representing nearly every denomination to serve the global Jewish community with the goal of revitalizing Judaism.
About the Position:
The part-time Operations Manager will support the ALEPH leadership and staff on all operational and administrative aspects of the organization’s work. Part-time at ALEPH is 20 hours per week. This position reports to the AOP Dean.
ALEPH Ordination Program (75% of time)
- Coordinate in-person events, including retreats and gatherings
- Assist with communication and production of materials for major events • Supervise and coordinate with the IT Manager ensuring that our technical infrastructure (Learning Management System [Moodle, Populi], CiviCRM, email, Dropbox, Zoom, Google drive / docs / calendar) is operating effectively
- Maintain and update policies and handbooks
- Carry out various administrative duties that may be assigned by the Dean, including budget preparation and compensation management
- Support administration of the Dean’s Council and operational groups, including producing written reports, scheduling, agendas and minutes
- Coordinate with the AOP Alumni Association
General Operations (25% of time)
- Help build and maintain organized internal files, drives, and information systems (Google Drive, CiviCRM, Populi, Dropbox, etc.)
- Creates personal agreement contracts from templates and reviews retreat center contracts as needed
- Create and manage registration for programs and events as needed
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and coordinating with partners as necessary
- Other general operational and administrative tasks as assigned by the organization’s leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 3-5 years of successful work experience in operations management
- Highest levels of personal initiative and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and ask for assistance when needed • Facility with budgeting and office operations
- Ability to work independently and with a cross-functional team
- Confidence and maturity in dealing with clergy and lay leadership
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, emailing and database management
- Highly organized and flexible with experience supporting multiple projects • Ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting or beating deadlines, and to adapt to a changing environment a must
- Desire to work in mission driven and values based environment
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with geographically dispersed team is highly desirable
Salary range between $30,000-$32,000
Ten (10) days paid vacation
Jewish and secular holidays
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a brief cover letter and resume by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. We sincerely regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.
ALEPH provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
Policy Against Workplace Discrimination and Harassment
ALEPH is committed to a work environment in which all persons are treated with dignity and respect. Each person has the right to work in a professional environment in which equal employment opportunities are promoted and discriminatory practices, including harassment, are prohibited. Therefore, ALEPH insists that all relationships among persons in the workplace be businesslike and free of bias, prejudice and harassment.