Production and Promotions Manager
Position Description: Production and Promotions Manager
About ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal
ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal is a transdenominational movement that is committed to bringing spiritual vitality and passion into the daily lives of Jews through trainings, workshops, programs and events that empower leadership, build multiracial, multicultural communities, and generate powerful experiences. The ALEPH Ordination Program (AOP) is ALEPH’s largest program and one of the leading Jewish seminaries, training rabbis, cantors, rabbinic pastors and spiritual directors from diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and representing nearly every denomination to serve the global Jewish community with the goal of revitalizing Judaism.
About the Position:
The part-time Production and Promotions Manager will lead planning, execution and marketing of ALEPH’s online and in-person events, retreats, shabbatons and week-long residencies in coordination and cooperation with the AOP Dean, Project Directors, teachers and partners.
- Overseeing event production process, from concept to final product
- Coordinating all aspects of each event, including site location, contract negotiations, catering, lodging, technology, sound, etc.
- Scheduling performers and speakers in multiple locations as both individual events and as a tour
- Assessing project and resource requirements, developing and managing budgets
- Creating vibrant and compelling promotional materials and managing distribution
- Managing and overseeing technology for live virtual events
- Creating, moderating and acting as point person for online communications including newsletters, website, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and LinkedIn
- Familiarity with Jewish Renewal and/or Jewish philanthropy a plus
This position reports to ALEPH’s executive director.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 3-5 years of successful work experience in event production, marketing or other related field
- Experience designing eye-catching promotional materials for virtual distribution
- Highest levels of personal initiative and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and ask for assistance when needed
- Ability to work independently and with a cross-functional team
- Confidence and maturity in dealing with clergy and lay leadership
- Highly organized and flexible with experience supporting multiple projects
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting or beating deadlines, and to adapt to a changing environment a must
- Desire to work in mission driven and values based environment
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with geographically dispersed management is highly desirable
- Comfortable with and/or willingness to learn virtual technology including Zoom, G Suite, WordPress, Canva, MailChimp, CiviCRM, Formsite, Facebook and Instagram for Business, and other systems as assigned
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, emailing and database management
LOCATION AND TIME
Remote, 20-25 hours per week
Salary range between $30,000-$32,000
Five (5) days paid vacation
Jewish and secular holidays
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a brief cover letter and resume by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. We sincerely regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.
ALEPH values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Candidates should be willing to work within the Jewish community, but may be of any (or no) faith or background.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction. ALEPH is an equal opportunity employer.
ALEPH provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
Policy Against Workplace Discrimination and Harassment
ALEPH is committed to a work environment in which all persons are treated with dignity and respect. Each person has the right to work in a professional environment in which equal employment opportunities are promoted and discriminatory practices, including harassment, are prohibited. Therefore, ALEPH insists that all relationships among persons in the workplace be businesslike and free of bias, prejudice and harassment.