ALEPH Endowment and Legacy Giving
Your participation matters!
The future of American Judaism is happening NOW, and ALEPH is poised to lead the next generation. Your financial support will help ensure that ALEPH can continue to expand, grow, and develop to reach even more Jews as well as a varied community of Jewish leaders, who are searching for a more meaningful, transformative, and personally relevant Jewish experience.
ALEPH’s path to Jewish Renewal — a commitment to innovation, not a denomination — jumpstarts the Jewish soul. ALEPH trains clergy to spark exciting spiritual experiences across and beyond denominations. ALEPH innovations in chant, eldering (“Ageing to Sage-ing”), hashpa’ah (spiritual direction), davvenology (new prayer modalities), embodied spirituality and integral halachah renew spirituality for thousands. These innovations deeply engage other faiths — from a posture of Jewish strength and authenticity — in our common mission to heal the heart, lift the soul and repair the world.
We sincerely hope that you will join us on this sacred journey.
When you contribute to an ALEPH endowment fund, you create a permanent legacy of support for ALEPH. Endowment funds are permanent, self-sustaining source of funding. Assets are held and invested by the Richmond Jewish Foundation. Each year, a portion of the value of the fund is paid out to ALEPH to support the fund’s purpose, and any earnings in excess of this distribution are used to build the fund’s market value. In this way, an endowment fund can grow and provide support for its designated purpose in perpetuity.
Please note: you should contact your own tax, legal, and accounting advisors before engaging in any financial transactions.
Here are a few ways your legacy giving can make a lasting difference:
ALEPH Scholarship Endowment Fund
Minimum Gift: $1,000.
Legacy gifts to the scholarship endowment fund help to:
- Greatly relieve the financial burden of many future and current students, while at the same time, attracting many new highly qualified and talented students to our programs.
- Allow current and future students to take the courses that they need in a timely fashion and therefore be ordained in a more reasonable amount of time.
- Remove the financial burden away from students in true financial need and deeply struggling to make it through the program, despite presenting strong academic skills and professional promise.
- Ensure a strong future for ALEPH and the transformative legacy and vision of Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, z’l by helping produce generations of highly skilled, talented Jewish renewal spiritual leaders.
- You can name a scholarship for yourself, your family, in memory or in honor of someone – the choice is yours. Your scholarship will be recorded as “The [Name of Your Choice] Scholarship”.
- Named Scholarships require a minimum gift, or pledge of $18,000 given over a maximum of five years.
- Scholarships will be granted to ALEPH students in your name once you have achieved your total commitment.
Special thanks to everyone who has donated to launch this endowment in the past year. Our originating named scholarship supporters include:
- The Lasko Foundation
- Spain Trip 2014 participants “In honor of Reb Marcia, Reb Leila and Hazzan Jack”
- Hoberman Family Scholarship
- The Susan A. Wehle Cantorial Scholarship
Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi Endowment for Jewish Renewal
Gifts to this fund will support ALEPH program development
Minimum Gift: $500
ALEPH has always served a role as the Research and Development for innovative Jewish Renewal programs. Your gift to the Reb Zalman Endowment Fund will help lay the foundation for start up programs and new initiatives from ALEPH. You can make a general gift to this endowment, or designate your support for a specific project. Contact us to find out what new programs are on the horizon and how you can become our partner and stakeholder in ALEPH’s development, implementation and impact!
Support to these Endowments may also be done via
- Gifts Through Your Will
- Charitable Bequests
- Beneficiary Designation
- Charitable IRA Rollover
- Gifts of Real Estate
ALEPH Endowment Funds are managed by The Richmond Jewish Foundation. Richmond Jewish Foundation (RJF) is a primary, trusted and expert resource for planned giving and endowments. RJF engages, educates and inspires generations of donors to create ongoing resources for charitable, religious, and educational needs. RJF donors may choose legacies of Tzedakah and Tikkun Olam. Together ALEPH and RJF effectively steward philanthropic assets entrusted to our care.