ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal is a transdenominational movement that is committed to bringing spiritual vitality and passion into the daily lives of Jews through trainings, programs and events that empower leadership, build multiracial, multicultural communities, and generate powerful experiences. The ALEPH Ordination Program (AOP) is ALEPH’s largest program and one of the leading Jewish seminaries, training rabbis, cantors, rabbinic pastors and spiritual directors from diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and representing nearly every denomination to serve the global Jewish community with the goal of revitalizing Judaism.
About the Position:
The part-time Programs and Alliance Manager (PAM) will lead both planning and execution of ALEPH’s online programs in coordination and cooperation with ALEPH’s Events and Retreat Manager, Project Directors, teachers and partners. In addition, the position will manage ALEPH’s burgeoning strategic alliances—both with partner organizations and alliance communities—to coordinate work on related programs and projects.
Program Management (50% of time)
- Co-create vibrant online programming with ALEPH’s existing core of teachers and beyond.
- Coordinate all virtual programming, from content creation to registration to technology and evaluation.
- Develop a 6 month to 12-month calendar of virtual programming.
- Assess project and resource requirements, developing and managing budgets.
- For larger virtual programs (50+ registrants), provide live technical support by managing Zoom room and assisting with any tech needs that may arise.
Alliance Communities (25% of time)
- Support ALEPH’s member alliance communities and existing partners.
- Staff ALEPH’s alliance communities committee, set up meetings, take/distribute notes.
- Identify and help secure funding opportunities for ALEPH network communities.
Strategic Programs and Partnerships (10% of time)
- Investigate, research, and pursue program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend ALEPH’s brand and increase avenues of support.
- Manage existing partnerships to ensure that mutual expectations are met and obligations fulfilled as needed.
Administration and Communication (10% of time)
- Create and send weekly upcoming events digests and targeted emails for select events; maintain email database.
- Create and send monthly e-newsletter.
- Attend weekly meetings with the executive director.
- Attend bimonthly all-staff meetings.
- Provide bimonthly written progress reports for the Board related to programs, alliance communities, and strategic partnerships.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 3-5 years of successful work experience in events, nonprofit programming or other related field
- Highest levels of personal initiative and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and ask for assistance when needed
- Ability to work independently and with a cross-functional team
- Confidence and maturity in dealing with clergy and lay leadership
- Highly organized and flexible with experience supporting multiple projects from start to finish
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting or beating deadlines, and to adapt to a changing environment a must
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with geographically dispersed management is highly desirable
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, emailing and database management
This position reports to ALEPH’s Executive Director.
COMPENSATION: Salary range between $30,000-$32,000
Five (5) days paid vacation
Jewish and secular holidays
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a brief cover letter and resume by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. We sincerely regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.
ALEPH values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Candidates should be willing to work within the Jewish community, but may be of any (or no) faith or background.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction. ALEPH is an equal opportunity employer.